Thursday, March 28, 2013

FitBit, how I love thee

If you keep up with my blog, you'll know that it is rare that I endorse anything.  The only thing I really try to endorse here is positive mental health and well-being.  On occasion, I will endorse another blogger who is doing it right.  I tend to leave product endorsements to those said bloggers too, but this time, it's personal.

For over two years, I heard about this great little device called a FitBit.  Everyone I knew who had one, loved theirs.  In January, I bought myself one because it sounded like a great thing. IT WAS THE BEST  investment I have made since weight loss surgery, though maybe I shouldn't say that since WLS caused me a lot of mental, emotional and health trauma, but I still don't regret the decision.

However, last week, I washed my FitBit.  I was completely devastated. One of my friends from high school posted on Facebook that they would replace it for free if you are an active user and you lose it, break it, wash it, etc.  So, two days after trying everything their help file would render, bag 'o rice, blow dryer (ok, that way my ingenuity,) my sweet FitBit did not turn on.  I had a super sad.  Like, Super Duber Grumpy Cat quality sad.

Imagine my delight when I received an email yesterday evening telling me all I had to do was this:

Write your Case # in a picture with your FitBit. 
And BINGO, they will send me a replacement. I am sad that I will not have it for the AllState Sugar Bowl Crescent City Classic this weekend. But I can live without it for just a little bit longer. Thank you, FitBit, for doing it right.

No comments:

Post a Comment