Saturday, June 29, 2013

A few things Paleo - Avocado and Coconut!

Chocolate Avocado Mousse & Coconut Whipped Cream

Anyone who knows me well, knows I enjoy making tasty food. I have really transformed that habit into making healthy tasty foods. I love avocados and coconut, both are healthy fats that are utilized in the brain functioning to regulate neural synapses firing patterns. Omega 3 fatty acids, when taken on a regular basis, help to improve executive function in ADHD children. Don't make me pull up that research, it's been a while since I was knee deep in that stuff, but it is certainly applicable to obesity--- your brain functions best on healthy, natural foods.

4 ripe avocados, mashed
1 T. cocoa powder
2 T. honey
1 T. powdered stevia
1 t. vanilla extract
1 T. coconut oil
1/2 c. dark chocolate chips, or 4 oz. unsweetened chocolate

Use stick blender to blend to blend all ingredients except chocolate chips. Melt chocolate chips on low heat and blend into mousse. Let set for an hour in the refrigerator.

Coconut Whipped Cream --- this was an experiment that came out well! I didn't know if the coconut fats would mimic the HWC fats.

1 can coconut milk
1 T. coconut oil
1 T. powdered stevia
1 t. vanilla

Mix together. Put into whipped cream container. I used 3 CO2 cartridges because I didn't know if it would work. I refridgerated the mixture, waited 2 hours, and I had coconut whipped cream. Color me impressed... tomorrow I shall use it with my coffee...

Love people, cook them tasty food. 

Take good care of yourself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment